This blog is devoted to my architectural sketching adventures and musings about the integration of architecture and sketching.
I hope not only to share my own on-location architectural sketches but provide tips and methodologies for sketching and understanding architecture.
Also, most importantly, I wish to explore ways in which, in a digital age, we can not only defend but
promote freehand sketching within the architectural profession.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Finishing off my week with architecture sketching late at night!

120203 Friday night architecture sketching

Instead of my goal of posting once a week... I seem to be only averaging once a month. I will try to step it up again.
I haven’t really had any time lately to be out on the streets sketching buildings and it has been raining a lot, but I still seem to keep up my usual late Friday evening architecture sketching.
This was a sketch I did two weeks ago.... Instead of my often late night Baroque sketching... it was Indian Architecture sketching while watching an impressive performance by the Indian cricket team....
Although I MUCH prefer to sketch on location, sketching from photos is such a good way to practice...and it seems that I find Baroque sketching relaxing late at night.
Here are some other ones (some mid -week!)
111027 My usual Barouqe sketching therapy
110817 Late night Baroque sketch-mid week!
110214 Not just another usual late night Baroque doodle

If you missed it - I have explained why I like sketching baroque so much here

1 comment:

  1. Your work looks amazing... What is your coloring technique? As an architecture student and avid sketcher I always find it difficult to add watercolor over a pen drawing without ruining it. Do you use special pens or paints?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin